My little man is getting so big! Dang, he's a handsome kid!! :-) This picture was taken while they were eating lunch... don't worry, I think that is sauce on his face, not a nasty scratch! He was sitting with all the "big kids", not in the toddler room. It makes me sad to think of all the time that has past since we started this whole process. It is VERY hard not to mourn the years of his infancy and being a toddler. I don't think I will even try not to, I think I'll just have a good cry about it every now and then! I know that there are many wonderful years still awaiting our time together but man oh man do I wish these kiddos could be with their forever families sooner!! Forgive me if I am "not-so-positive" lateley. I'm just DONE, FINISHED, SPENT, THE TIMER HAS GONE OFF AND I'M THROUGH COOKING! I really am trying to stay hopeful and positive but it is really hard. Somedays I succeed... others I don't. I have lots of kids around my house so I can't scream profanities but I do make up words that make me feel like I'm cursing (and for some reason that makes me feel better). Here's a few: flippity flip, what the funk, crapsticks, shizz-ite, son of a monkey, and frick. So... if you're having a rough day, try screaming a few of those. Maybe you will feel better too :-)
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Thanks Kayla!!
Posted by Mary at 1:31 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
That is exactly how I felt. I even had a friend at church tell me she couldn't believe how discouraged I was and that she really thought some of the things I was saying about not getting a visa appointment sooner, not having the visa printed when it was supposed to be etc. were crazy things to say. But until you've been there, it is so hard to understand how while you know things are okay that it certainly doesn't feel that way. You just want to scream "I HAVE HAD IT!"
Crapsticks. I like that one and may use it often.
I think we are all feeling it!!!! I took my dossier to Haiti in May 07 and am still waiting for judgment!! I was sure we'd be at least in MOI by now.
I will definitely try this...I haven't even been waiting as long as you, and I am DONE with IBESR delays already! I am very grateful that Kayla took the time to take pics, but I can't bear posting Gracyn's because she looks sad and dirty. I know it is because she just ate and was scared by new faces, but I want her HERE NOW so I can hug her and wipe her face....sorry, just had to vent for a second. Just imagine how impatient and cranky I'll be when I'm at the final stages and they screw up something...
Post a Comment