Saturday, February 14, 2009

Drop-off Confirmed

Our internet has been down and I have been going CRAZY!! Anywho.... I called USCIS again on Wednesday and they did confirm that our documents are there. Yippeee!! The workload is pretty heavy right now so they gave me a time frame of "up to" two weeks for I-600 approval. Of course, to me, that means ANY DAY NOW! 2 weeks seems like nothin' compared to other parts of this process that had a 2 month, 6 month, or even 11 month estimated time frame for release.
What happens next??? After we receive I-600 approval, our documents will be couriered over to the Embassy (same day or next day) and we will start requesting a Visa appt. Pending the Visa appt. goes well, the Visa should be printed that day or within a couple of days following. So... if you are trying to add this up... I am thinking (praying) that we will be picking up our little Haitian Sensation in the next two to three weeks.

5 comments:

Kathy Cassel said...

Awesome.

kb said...

Great!!! You are so blessed!

Jana said...

Oh please!!!!!!

Cara said...

From dropping our Kenley's passport off to USCIS until he was in our home was 15 days. And it could have been a few days less but we couldn't find an open flight. I am so happy for you that the end is really, truly in sight. The Kenley's will both be home at last!!

Beth said...

We could be traveling around the same time to get our sons. ;o)