Travel plans are all set. The day we will be reunited with Kenley, the day we will call his "gotcha day", the day that I will hold him again, never having to leave Haiti without him, the day that I will never forget is March 2nd. We are counting down, packing, planning, organizing, and preparing. We are trying to keep busy, cross items off our list, and not go crazy. Many times during these last few months of this process, I would tell myself.. "if I just knew the day that I would be flying in to get him, I would be ok". I was right! Ever since I booked our flights, I have had a sense of calm wash over me. It's ok that it's a week away... I know THE DAY. One week from right now, I will be holding my little man. It's 6 o'clock there right now. We will probably be sitting at the hotel restaurant, waiting for our food. I will probably be kissing the back of his head, tears running down my cheeks, warmth in my heart. I will not be questioning if we should have come. I will not be dreading the day that I will have to say good-bye. I will not be wondering if he will remember us the next time we visit. I will be telling him that Mama is never leaving him again and that I love him so much, that we never gave up on him coming home... forever!
Monday, February 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



11 comments:
girl...you are makin me cry!!!!! YEY aunt sarah
oh my goodness, that made me cry and I don't even know you!!!
***sigh*** I love reunions!!
Mary,
I am so happy for you! I know that your momma heart is at peace.
Christina
I'm so excited for you! Will be praying that your trip goes without a hitch, and for Kenley's transition home!
Oh my such a sweet reunion it will be...wonderful that you finally know that day...
I hope I can remember to pray for you guys then. (If not, know I've prayed right now for calm secure hearts for everyone, for no delays in flights, for no fear of all the new.) Have a wonderful time. Can't wait to hear about your transition time once your home. (And just think you can now almost officially get rid of your color coded binder and use it for another project! Ooh, something else to organize; start searching for a project right now!)
Wow...I have tears...I am SO thrilled for you guys...another Haitian baby coming HOME!
YAY!!!!!!!!
I am so excited for you guys, I can hardly stand it!!!!
Mary, Josh and Mason... Wow!! You are about to be FOUR!! Congratulations, all that diligence and patience has paid off. I am so proud to know wonderful folks like you!! Love you SO MUCH!!!! Polly Bremel
Ohh these posts are making me cry!! I am SO happy for you and Josh!!! You have been so patient through this very long process!! I can't wait to meet your new son!!
Post a Comment