If you are adopting or have adopted in the past, you know exactly what I mean by "bittersweet". We wait and wait and wait and pray and pray and pray and check our email constantly for something... anything. And when it comes, like this picture did today, you cry and cry and cry. Of course we love to see the latest picture of our baby boy. Of course I am happy to see that he looks good and well. But, it is another reminder of the time that is passing by, how much older he looks every month, and how frustrating and painful it is to be so far away from my son. I am thankful that we do get updates and pictures of our little guy, don't get me wrong. This whole thing is such a test of perserverance. There is a verse in a Third Day song that goes, "I wont rest 'till I see you again". He is talking about the Lord but I do feel that way about Kenley. There is no "real" rest for me right now. God gives me peace but I don't think I will rest until my WHOLE family is together forever!
Friday, October 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




9 comments:
Aww Mary! I pray every day that Kenley will be home soon! I am glad he is doing well, but I wish he was here with you now.
oh man your makin me cry, he looks good honey, he looks healthy. god bless you during this time of waiting, it will be over soon.
It looks like several of the toddler photos are taken outback. I'm wondering if they've moved a bunch of the kids to the back area or just took the pictures there. Maybe they get to play there when the bigger kids are in school.
Oh, what a little sweetheart. Praying for your waiting heart..It is so hard, and I know that after I meet her in a few weeks, it will only get harder.
Mary, I feel your pain. Feeling the same way. I told Rob I just have this elevated stress level all the time. I feel this huge sense of "unsettledness". We'll get through it you know, but it stinks.
I forgot to say how handsome he is! What a looker!
wow, you're getting so close I dream of that day of getting to the end of this LONG process! Kenley is sooo cute and I hope he is with you all soon!!!
Oh how deep and wide and long our love runs!
Kayla
I hear you!! We are visiting Stevenson for the first time and my thoughts always go back to meeting you two during your first visit to KEnly...I know it'll be so hard, but the memories will be precious and last forever.
Post a Comment