Saturday, October 18, 2008

2 years ago...

Josh and I had decided that we were not trying to make a decision by opening up the emails that contained pictures, all of precious children that needed homes. We thought to ourselves, "let's just look and God will lead us to our son". Kenley's referral was the third one we opened up on this particular night. I will never forget it. I was sitting at the computer and Josh was behind me, leaning over my shoulder. I clicked on the email to open it and as soon as the picture loaded, we both gasped. He was the one. We both new it immediately. I was in love at first sight. There was no question about it and no discussion to it. We teared up, confirmed our mutual feelings to each other that this was our son. That was on a Wednesday, October 11, 2006. My reply to our agency was exactly this, "Oh My Gosh!! We have fallen in love. How do we go about getting more info on this precious little guy?" The next few days were intense. I was told that there were other families looking at him and we had better put him "on hold" if we wanted him to be ours. I asked right away that he be put on hold for us, she did, but we wouldn't know until after the weekend if he was ours for sure. On Monday, October 16, 2006 we received confirmation that "Kenely has a family and their names are Joshua and Mary Sheard". It's crazy to me that that was 2 years ago. I have fallen more and more in love with this little man every day since October 11, 2006, when I first saw this adorable picture...

6 comments:

Jodie said...

I'm sorry the process has taken so long for you. It's hard when you hit an anniversary of each thing ... realizing yet another year has gone by. I pray he is in your arms -- at home -- soon!!!

Anonymous said...

i remember staring at this picture of kenley and thinking he is the cutest little guy i had ever seen...

Anonymous said...

Dearest Josh and Mary. I never tire of hearing that story. These two years of looking at this little man of our family...memorizing his face, looking into those deep eyes. Crying, praying, smiling when I look at his picture on my desk. Kissing it a hundred times! Soon, oh soon he will be here. I love to imagine that day. Instead of looking at a still life picture we will see him running around the house, laughing, smiling, happy and feeling comfortable with all of us. Hearing him call me grandma :-) Oh can't wait for that day...but it is coming soon! Someday we will understand why it took so long, because we will understand more clearly the Goodness of God our Savior!! Thank you Jesus for this little boy named Kenley Sheard!!! Love you, mom

Kathy Cassel said...

How could you not fall in love with that face?

Katy said...

Oh my goodness he is just so precious...praying him home SOON.

Salzwedel Family said...

It's something how you "just know". When you see that picture and something just clicks that it is your child.