Friday, December 12, 2008

Getting Closer!!

We got an email last night that said our file has been released from MOI. WoooHooooo!!!! Yes, I cried... lol! Obviously this is great news because it is one more step behind us. It is also great news because this means that they did not request updated anything... including bank statements, tax returns, etc. Thank you Lord Jesus!!!!

MOI release means that Kenley has passport approval and it will now go in for printing. This process should not take any more than 2 weeks but it has taken anywhere from 3 to 6 weeks for the last couple of families. Please pray they are back down to 2 weeks or less. I think it all depends on if they have the right paper and if the printing machine isn't broken. After the passport is printed, it will go to USCIS along with our dossier to recieve I-600 approval (Visa approval). That should only take a couple of days and then the file will be sent to the Embassy where we can start requesting a Visa appointment. And then after that... well, after that.... my little man is coming home. What was that?!?!?!? Coming home???? Yes, dear friends... COMING HOME! We are getting sooooooo close :-)

9 comments:

Amanda said...

You're SO CLOSE! Hang in there and if I were you, I'd leave the tree up until he gets there :~)

Anonymous said...

WAAAAHOOOO is Right!!!!!
Halleluja, Praise to the God of our hope. "May the God of Hope fill us with ALL joy and peace as we trust in you, so that we will overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit." Oh Lord, we are OVERFLOWONG with Joy and Peace and we are trusting in you to do a mighty work! We know, Oh Lord that you are at work behind the scenes...making impossible things happen! Thank you for your incomprehensible love!!! KENLEY IS COMING HOME :-):-) :-) YAHOO !!!!!!!! Love Grandma!!!

Terry said...

Wooohoooo! You must have heard me shouting from NJ today! I love hearing good news! Terry

Salzwedel Family said...

Praise God! It is so uplifting to hear some positive adoption news. I am praying for quick passport printing and visa approval for your guy.

Jana said...

Oh my gosh Mary, yea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Journey said...

Mary!!!
Yay!!! Soooo happy for you.
How wonderful, you so deserve this news after the trying couple of weeks youve had!!
I know youll have an amazing Christmas with news like that!!

Anonymous said...

yey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i cannot wait to kiss his little face, i know i have said that many times but it is so exciting to me to know it will be soon that we will all be in the same room with him, in person, its the raddest thing ever!!!!!!! im so happy for you guys and soooooo happy for kenley:)
aunt sarah

Cara said...

Congratulations!! We went into MOI with our Kenley about 2 weeks after you so I know what a big deal this is!! You are getting so close!

Katy said...

YES!!!! Lord, bring him home!!