
I wish all my loved ones could just jump in my head for a moment. There are so many things going on in there and it's all jumbled up. Making me crazy numero uno is Kenley's adoption. We have been in the process of adopting him for 15 months now. Can you imagine being pregnant for 15 months and still not knowing when that sucker is coming out?? The latest news is that after 4 months we are still in Parquet (government agency that is required to sign off the signatures of the previous steps approvals). After this happens, which can take anywhere from 2 to 11 months (nice timeline right??) then we move to 2nd legal and civil court which is where Kenley will become legally ours and we will get our adoption decree. After that we go in for passports, visa, and then he comes home.
I have to tell ya... this whole thing has tested every part of my faith and perseverance. Funny thing is, I remember this feeling from when Josh and I were trying to start a family. I asked all the "why, God" questions and wondered if it would ever happen. In His perfect timing it did and now I wake up with a 2 year old who wants to "snuggle mommy" and drink tea! Blessed doesn't seem capture all that I feel about Mason. He is my joy on earth. And now I look at pictures of Kenley and remember what it felt like to hold him (we got to go see him back in May 2007) and I just know that my Heavenly Father has chosen him to be with us too. In His perfect timing this will happen also and there WILL be a day when I have both my boys in their footed jammies running into the living room wanting to snuggle before they are all the way awake. Their WILL be a day when "party of four" will be invading restaurants, zoos, theme parks, and anywhere else we think might create a great experience. OK, enough for now. Love you all, I'll be back!



6 comments:
You and Josh are amazing parents to Mason and you are going to be amazing parents to Kenley as well! I can't wait for him to be here!!!
Yea!!! I am so glad you did this!!! You are a great writer and I will follow along obsessively as much as possible!! Jana
Wow Sheard family of four, grandma cried the whole first read :-) What a great idea! God is going to use your story to encourage so many families going through the same thing! And what a day it will be when your post will read "Kenley is coming home!" Can't wait!! Love you all
Hi Mary!
God WILL certainly bring Kenley home in His perfect timing. It is always an adventure with Him... mountains and valleys... but it is so worth it! Praying for you and for Kenley.
We're not elephants, I keep telling myself. Your son will surely be here before an elephant's gestation right? :)
Mary, You and Josh are beautiful examples of living by faith. When most would complain about the difficulties you are experiencing, you are focused on that for which you are grateful. You guys are an inspiration! Keep sharing your heart!
Post a Comment