Monday, May 12, 2008

What manners???

Before I tell this story I want you to know that I POUND my son with manners. He is expected to say please and thank you to everyone for everything. I guess there is no amount of "manners pounding" that can completly erase a 2 year olds natural tendencies. So... we are walking through Target tonight. Mason finishes off my Venti non-fat Steamer with sugar-free caramel syrup (this has to be one of my favorite treats!!) He shouts, "all gone mama". I say, "ok Mason we need to find a trash can so you can throw it away." Just then a young woman walks down the isle towards us and Mason chucks the cup into her hand held shopping basket. He proceeds to just walk away like, "I found one!". I apoligize to the nice lady (thankfully she was nice), grab the cup out of her basket, and had a little "talk" with my polite little 2 year old. I am sure he will never do anything like that again... NOT!!

9 comments:

Kathy Cassel said...

Thankfully it was empty so he didn't splash it all over her : )

Anonymous said...

that is so awesome! LOL so mason, i can just see his little face like "what" sarah

Katy said...

Hopefully she had a sense of humor...I can so see my 4 year old nephew doing something like that. It is NOT easy for his daddy or aunt to teach manners when his mother or her parents let him do whatever he wants! In fact, he informed a lady smoking at the park a few weeks ago that "Cigarettes are VERY yucky! Your breath is going to be stinky, you know..." (Hmmm...At least he seems to be learning that lesson...what a great time to reveal his knowledge, as his aunt is not making eye contact with this woman!)

Anonymous said...

Oh Mary, what a great story!! I bet Mason was smiling that smile that lights up his whole face too! On Mother's Day, He informed me that I was not Josh's mom, but that I was grandma...and he would not relent!! You and Josh are wonderful parents...just what the Lord order :-) Mason is developing into that dynamic personality that we all know he will become! Watch out world...here comes Mason Sheard!! Love you all, mom

Anonymous said...

LOL!!! You gotta love kids!! Mason is awesome!

Jana said...

That is so classic, because you know he thought he was so clever finding a mobile trashcan just waiting for him!

Juli said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog! I laughed so hard at this story!

Jodie said...

What fun we're going to have with trash cans when our Haitian kids come home!

Salzwedel Family said...

Kids - they sure make life interesting!