Monday, May 12, 2008

A Day Late...

Happy Mother's Day!! It has been on my heart to tell you all... Happy Mother's Day. Not only to the women who have birthed a child, but to all you adoptive moms, foster moms, surrogate moms, godmothers, and aunts who love their nieces and nephews as a mother would. Just as my Father in Heaven is my Father but not my "birth father", I believe there are many of "moms" out there who have not gone through the act of childbirth. I know what it is like to be a "mother-figure" to many children and yet not feel as though that is recognized because I did not have my "own" children. Well, if you are in that boat... I just want to say to you that you are loved and respected and very much appreciated. Why would we let the world define who a mother is anyways... what does the world know about love. It is the individuals who selflessly give of themselves that define who a mother is to me. I know now that a women can love a child that is hers through adoption just as much as the one that grew in her womb. Love comes from our Father in Heaven and I would not limit the depths or lengths at which that can cover. God Bless you all on this Mother's Day after... hee hee.
Mary

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sheards!! It was so great to see you at the event on Saturday! I absolutely adore your whole family.
I hope you had an amazing Mother's day. Chuck and I went to church, as we always do on Sundays. Rick Warren is our pastor (author of Purpose Driven Life), and his wife were wrapping up a series on "Dangerous Surrender", the name of Kay Warren's book. It's a great book! Knowing the heart you have for people, I feel it would touch you as it did me.
We thought of you and your family, as the service came to an end they had a slideshow of orphans from all around the world. Chuck and I were deeply moved (my puffy eyes and runny mascara as evidence). I applaud you for listening to your calling, and opening up your hearts to help an orphan. What a disruption to life this is for you, and an act only a selfless couple can make!
God Bless you! You are a fine example of "Dangerous Surrender".

Love, Wendy

PS. Happy Mothers Day after, after. :@)

Anonymous said...

happy mothers day to you sis, eversince we were having slumber partys and you were always checking on your bro to make sure he was ok, and all the motherly instincts god gave you I knew you would be an amazing mother! and you are and now kenley will feel that unconditional love of you his momma YEY, love you sarah

Katy said...

Thank you for remembering us all on Mother's Day, Mary! It was a tough day, but I am praying there will be an extra special reason for me to have an awesome day next year.