Well... I don't have our May update for Kenley yet and my camera is broken so I don't even have any new Mason pics for you. Bummer....
I came across a story that I had seen quite a while ago about Susie Krabacher. She is a woman who grew up with many challenges including a grandfather who raped her, a mentally ill mother, an abusive husband, a life as a playboy playmate, drugs, etc... She has become an amazing Christian woman and, along with her new and wonderful husband, has become an "angel" to the children of Haiti. I love this story because it seems like something that would have come right out of the Bible. God called her and she obeyed. Here is an article that tells some of her story: http://www.goworldtravel.com/ex/aspx/articleguid.%7B4dd9fb58-f7c8-4b94-9645-f87fc00fa90f%7D/xe/article.htm
The website for her organization is http://www.haitichildren.com/
Check it out but be prepared, some of the images and descriptions of what these beautiful children edure is nothing short of heartbreaking.
Saturday, May 17, 2008
Broken camera and an amazing woman
Posted by Mary at 4:07 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
Aren't your photos posted on Pappi Pierre's corner with the rest of them? http://forhisgloryoutreach.org/blog/
it is amazing to me what a person can do when they are insired to do something greater than themselves. what a testimony! god loves broken things that is what is so beautiful about gods love for us, he doesn't love us because were perfect, he just loves us:) I admire you guys for your part of changing a childs life! im so close to the story of kenley that sometimes i step back and say "wow im really proud of who josh and mary have become" i have a feeling you guys are just getting started, im so excited to be a part of it! sarah
I heard of her for the first time a few months ago. I requested her book as a birthday present & hope I get it! It certainly looks like she has had an interesting journey.
What an amazing testimony...and what a difference she is making. Wow..I had not heard of her- thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment