Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Mason and Buzz

Quite a few months ago Mason become obsessed with the Toy Story movies and especially Buzz Lightyear. We had bought him a "talking" Buzz and he played with it a lot. It has been a while since Buzz has been a favorite toy for Mason but recently we cannot go anywhere without him. As I was tucking Mason into bed last night, (Mason in the middle, Woody to his right and Buzz to his left) he decided to play the "one more time" game with me. That game goes... I give Mason a hug and kiss and he says, "one more time mommy" so I give him another and he says, "one more time mommy" and so on and so on. Well, on one of the "one more time's" I accidentally hit the talking button on Buzz... "To infinity and BEYOND", he shouts. Mason knows that if he takes Buzz to bed with him, there is NO and I mean NO sound effects to be heard or he gets him taken away. So as soon as Buzz is done with his voyage embarking declaration, Mason looks at him and whispers, "Shhh Buzz, you half to be quiet". I later returned to Mason's room, after he had fallen asleep, to see my sweet little man with one arm around Woody and the other around Buzz. I absolutely adore these moments and I can never help but imagine what it will be like to have twice as many. I just don't know if my heart can take it... it seriously might burst :-)

2 comments:

Kathy Cassel said...

Yep. But let's get these kids home and find out if the heart will burst!

Anonymous said...

so cute mason was over the other night with josh and mason was eating like a party mix, so his hands had that wonderful cheese powder on them, he was trying to stick his head through the bars (being the dare devil he is) and now i have these really cute cheese hand marks on my stair rales, and i dare not clean them lol sarah