Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Excited

Am I getting excited??? Umm... let me think... YES I AM! Do I stop to think about how very close we are to bringing our Haitian Sensation home??? YES I DO! Does my husband catch me smiling for no apparent reason and ask if I am thinking about Kenley again???? YES HE DOES! Am I praying like crazy that his birthparents will be found soon so they can complete the last interview??? YES, PLEASE PRAY WITH ME!
It is difficult right now to just be excited when I have spent so much time just protecting my feelings. I still catch myself trying to not think too much about it but then I also have been catching myself just becoming overjoyed with the fact that we could be really really close to having him home for good. I absolutley hate doubt. It creeps up on me and steals my joy. I refuse to give in. I will stand firm. My Kenley is coming home soon and it will be one of the greatest moments in my life!! Glory be God on high!

7 comments:

Kathy Cassel said...

I can't wait to follow the journey to bring him home. It's helpful to see what others "go through" once the kids are home. It would have been so helpful for my first haitian adoption ten years ago.

Terry said...

Oh Mary I am excited for you. And praying too!

Anonymous said...

ahhhh thats the best blog ever! i know ive been thinking about kenley coming home soon and getting so excited to be in the same room as him, see his little face and hear his voice:)

Stephanie said...

How wonderful! Thank you for stopping by my blog and I hope that very soon your Kenley will be in your arms forever!

Pau said...

Hello! I´m adopting in Haiti as well with the ROTH. How long is taking your process so far? I just started everything.

Mary said...

bebe haitiano,
there is a timeline on the sidebar of our blog. it has just over 2 years since we sent in our application to adopt. things are always changing when it comes to the timeline for Haitian adoptions so i will pray that your process goes a lot quicker!! Thanks for reading!
Mary

Kathy C. said...

Hope things are moving right along now. Maybe he'll be home for Christmas. You never know with Haiti.