Tuesday, September 16, 2008

What's wrong with me???

You would think that someone who has a VERY high strung 3 year old with another one on the way and runs a daycare with 14 crazy toddlers running around every day would not want to know what it would be like to be "Cate" from "Jon and Cate plus 8". And yet... there I was sitting on the couch last night, watching that show for the 1st time, and actually finding myself thinking that would be a fun adventure. WHAT?!?!?!? Am I totally off my rocker? I mean, it's not like they hide the hard stuff. I watched the poor girl break down and cry on an airplane, kids screaming, and no where to go. Still, seeing all those little people running around, interacting with each other, wearing cute matching outfits, it just seemed... well... fun. I think I totally admired "mom and dad" too. They aren't perfect but they aren't trying to be. They are just doing the best they can and they love those kiddos like crazy. I can relate to that!

11 comments:

Kathy Cassel said...

I haven't watched it. I'll have to check it out. With the twins we have 8 but they aren't here, one of the 8 is an adult with kids and one is in a home for troubled youth. So we really have four here right now. When we did foster care we had 7 all 12 and under and I loved it but the state of FL says I have a full house without foster kids.

Amanda said...

Yeah, I loved that show...but we dropped down to the cheapest form of cable and I lost TLC. :~( It was all VERY intriguing to me.

I would LOVE to find the recipe to monkey munch :~) (family snack)

Katy said...

I LOVE that show too...don't worry, I've also thought it would be fun...for about 2 seconds! Then I remind myself that I would go insane, Lol.

Anonymous said...

My beautiful baby girl---nothing is "wrong" with you. It's in your genes. Your great-grandma Davis had 14 kids and great-grandma Fiscalini had 7. I would have had a hundred but "you know who" said three is enough. Love you bunches, MOM

Anonymous said...

so funny:) you would totally be an amazing mom of 8! that is crazy though lol i give my hat off to any mom and dad that can do that!

Unknown said...

I absolutely love that show! I record the new episodes so I can watch them every monday!! I have thought about what it would be like to have 8 kids and I don't know how they do it! I totally admire them! They are great parents and the kids seems so happy!

Terry said...

I love the show. me and my 3 year old watch it when we are allow :-) Hubby hates the show...oh well. I would love 8 kids, but not 8 under the age of 5 at the same time...oh no! Although, now the twins are in school, right? Terry

Jana said...

That show is awesome, I was just watching last night. The episode where they go to Disneyworld. That's makes me nervous just thinking about it!!!

Sean's Ladies said...

Mary, you could totally do it!! :) Do you know, though, that she mops her floors on her hands and knees 3 times a day?!?!? I know that wouldn't happen here. LOL.
P.S. it is Kate. but I'll take that as a compliment. Does my house seem as crazy as hers??? ;)

Lisa said...

I love the show too. It's just intriguing. I totally couldn't do it, but it's interesting to see what their life is like.

Kristi said...

I love that show!!! I want to be them! Regardless of the chaos it's so fun to watch kids learn and grow and show them new things and watch the excitement on their little faces!!!

Thanks for the comment on my blog, only people who have been there really "get it"

Kristi