I bought our plane tickets today for our Haiti trip in June. In two months I will have my little man in my arms again. We received our instructions on what we need to bring to get our i-600 signed. I am so excited to be preparing for a trip again. I feel much more prepared this time. Last May, I was borrowing diapers and snacks and I stole a ball from the pool area so he would at least have one toy to play with, you know... all that stuff that 1st time international adoptive parents do!! :-) This time I know what to expect, I know what is important to bring, I feel much better about the whole thing. (except the flight but I'm not going to own that fear!)
We got his April photo update yesterday but he is very teary eyed and I just don't feel like posting it. It was very hard for Josh and I to see him upset, thinking of all the reasons why he might be. I hate the thought that my little boy is hurt, hungry or just sad and I am not there to hold him and make it "all better". I pray that he somehow knows that he has a mama out there who will, one day soon, be there to dry his tears and fill his belly.
Thursday, April 17, 2008
It's official!
Posted by Mary at 10:13 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
I took absolutely everything I could possibly need on the first trip--and way too much of it. Twice as many diapers as I needed, twice as many plastic pants, a whole suitcase of toys and then since they hadn't played with toys much, they played with the baby toys I'd brought to donate rather than the toddler toys I'd brought for them.... I didn't know what would be available.
I hope to go on the second I 600 trip but am still stuck in dispense. I turned in my dossier the last week of May and have just been sitting in ibesr.
I hope you move into passports quickly and right on through!!!!
Yipppeee!!! The boys FAVORITE thing was the beach balls!! Markenley and Todd bonded by throwing it AT eachother in the hotel room!! Markenley loved it and Solomon being younger would just get sooo excited to pound on it! It was FUN...and small. I had brought like 5 of them in case others needed them and Markenley wanted all of them blown up!
Can't wait for you to go! :) I am so excited for you.
Love,
Renee
Praying everything moves quickly!
Oh how much fun is that! I wish I was going too! Hmmmm, I'll have to pray about that! Terry
i am soooo happy you guys will see your baby boy soon!!!!!!!!!!! i cant cant wait to watch the new video of my nephew and hear all the heart stories you guys will tell! praise god:)
Post a Comment