Thursday, August 14, 2008

Summer Camp

Ok, well, it wasn't really summer camp but it sure felt like it!! Might as well have been for Mason... he got to feed horses and donkeys, go to a stock car race, pick veggies from the garden, go rafting on the Rogue River, go on picnics, BBQ, go camping, swim in the river, find frogs and salamanders, and play with his Papa (that was probably his favorite thing to do all week!!)

My parents live on 10 acres in beautiful southern Oregon, about 10 min. away from the Rogue River. The weather was perfect, 85-95 all week, and this vacation came at just the right time!





More pics to come... these are just the one's from the Chetco River in the Loeb State Park where we went camping. This is one of my favorite places I have ever been. It is so beautiful there. I was sitting watching Mason play in the water one morning and I just had such a huge sense of peace. It was probably a combination of "not working" and being surrounded by so much of God's natural and beautiful creation. The water was sparkling as the sun was coming up and shining down on it, little fish were jumping above the water to catch little bugs, the trees and rocks and mountains around me just took my breath away. I told Josh later that this is the kind of place I would see on post card and say, "I want to go there".

3 comments:

Terry said...

Can we visit mom and dad too! :-) Terry

Anonymous said...

ahhhhhh that is so sweet, i am so glad you had such a good time, you guys truly deserve it! thanks for my pep talk today:) you have a great family, we are blessed with great familys love you, see ya tonight for some big fat burritos:) YUM aunt sarah

Lisa said...

I'm with Terry. That's a gorgeous vacation spot. Looks so peaceful and full of God's beauty!