Sunday, July 27, 2008

The Struggles

It seems as though there is always something going on in everyone's life, at any given time, that could be called a struggle. The last year, for me, has seemed to be much more of a struggle than what I would call "normal". There have been so many things that have just really taken their toll on me (and my family), emotionally, physically, mentally and spiritually. Since this blog is not only my source of communication to the outside world :-) but also my journal, I thought it would be helpful to list just a few of those struggles and how I now choose to "deal" with them. Our life is a journey and I have a mentor that recently said, "WHATEVER it takes to enjoy the journey... you're going to make it." Through the ups and downs, highs and lows... I choose to enjoy the journey.

1. Adopting Kenley
I choose to believe that God has plan. I choose to believe that Kenley is coming home this year. I choose to trust that God loves Kenley more than I can ever imagine and that His hand is protecting my son from evil. I choose to never give up hope.

2. Job changes and financial struggles
I choose to listen for God's call and follow Him. I choose to trust that God has a plan for our financial future and that He will honor our obedience. I choose to bless others with whatever God has given us. I choose to seek God's will and not be selfish with my endeavors.

3. Health
I choose to believe that God has a plan for healing my loved one's who struggle with health situations. I choose to pray everyday for those who are hurting and scared and tired of dealing with these situations. I choose to believe that glory will be to God when His will is done.

I am listening to the song "Rescue" on my playlist right now and these words are really speaking to me... "I need you Jesus, to come to my rescue. Where else can I go? There's no other name by which I am saved. Capture me with grace." I really feel as if this is where God has brought me in this last year. There is no where else I can go. Why do I always try to go anywhere else?? Jesus is the only way and now I have messed things up so bad that I need Him to rescue me. Good thing He is the only name by which I am saved. Good thing He already knew I would end up here. Good thing He is waiting for me, with arms wide open, to get up and run to Him. Good thing He is full of grace and mercy and has already forgiven me for not listening, not trusting, and not having patience. Thank you Jesus!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

amen. life is all about perspective and the choices we make about our attitude toward things, great way to look at what has gone on in this last year, for what its worth i think you have grown immensly through all these trials and yoru beautiful. sarah

Jana said...

Absolutely Mary!! This definitely the way to go, so much more peace then just doing it on our own.

Anonymous said...

My dearest family!
I am so proud of you. Thank you for sharing your heart with us all. The other night Josh and I were talking about the word "RESOLVE!" And this post was a beautiful confession of RESOLVE. You reminded me of something Joyce Meyers said :-)...Are you tired of waiting for harvestime in your life? Are you frustrated, crying out, 'When, God, When?' Then understand that God's timing is often a mystery. He doesn't do things on our timetable. YET HIS WORD PROMISES THAT HE WILL NOT BE LATE, NOT ONE SINGLE DAY!!!! So dear family...we will continually hope in all our circumstances so we can experience GOD'S BEST FOR OUR LIVES!!! I love you all so much...we have a great present and a greater future ahead of us!!! GOD IS GOOD...WE WILL KEEP THE FAITH!!! I will hope with you in all these things...and RESOLVE in my heart to believe God for ALL His goodness! God's blessings Mom