
Today I am battling heartache. You see, I have this little boy that is over 3000 miles away from me right now. He is probably sleeping on a hard floor or in an old playpen. I think he sleeps better when lying next to me. He will probably wake up and eat spaghetti for breakfast tomorrow. I know, though, that he loves pancakes with peanut butter. I am sure he will be bathed outside, standing in a bucket, with cold water being poured over his head. He's in for a treat when he gets to sit in a warm bath with bubbles and toys. My heart aches because even though he is fed and bathed and has a place to sleep, he does not have his mommy with him right now. Please Lord Jesus give him sweet dreams of us tonight. Let him remember what it felt like to be held and kissed and loved. And place a quiet peace in his heart, that he would know we are coming soon to bring him home forever.
Wednesday, August 27, 2008
Battling Heartache
Posted by Mary at 9:34 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
He knows...
Praying for you.
Somedays the wait seems endless. I hope paperwork is still moving despite the two storms
Alright, Miss Mary! No more posts like that-you've got me crying and I definitely don't need any more crying moments than I've already got. Just stinks, sucks, bites, hurts. (And what a sweet, sweet picture.)
Kayla
My heart aches for you. I am praying this precious guy is with you soon. This wait is already unbearable, and I can't even imagine how much harder it will be after I have held my little one in my arms.
I understand your pain, & you express your feeling beautifully. It shouldn't take as long as it does to bring them home. I have my kiddos home now, so it's proof they do come home after the agonizing wait.
I pray you will have your little Kenley home soon too.
Hugs, Laurie
This is exactly how I felt when I visited where my boys live, where they are "fed and bathed and have a place to sleep" but we are not there to hold them ...
Post a Comment