Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Mason Grazing...


Every morning we drive by a pasture full of cows. The last week they have been right by the road and the boys go nutso about it. "Cows, COWS... mama LOOK... COWS!!!" I'm wondering if seeing these cows grazing every morning had anything to do with Mason getting a piece of grass stuck in his throat. WHAT?!?! I would ususally say "Don't ask" but this was pretty amazing. I really felt sorry for the kid. HOURS after the incident, I was able to remove said grass blade with a pair of tweezers. I have to admit that I felt pretty dang doctor-ish reaching into my son's mouth and down his throat with a pair of tweezers. We celebrated... all is well!

5 comments:

Kathy Cassel said...

Oh wow. We had a raisin clear up in the nasal cavity once.... Those are the things they don't tell you about.

kayder1996 said...

Funny. One of my first graders got an eraser stuck up his nose. It was in so far it was making his eyes water. As far as cow stories go, Kenson has started saying the word cows when he sees cows. But for some reason he thinks they are all babies so he now yells "T ows! Mama, t ows! Baby t ows!".

Katy said...

I can't wait to share things like cows and horses with my little one....so fun..Grass in your throat? Not so fun! I'm glad Mason is okay. My now nine-year old nephew put EVERYTHING in his mouth when he was little! One time even a cigarette at the park before his mom could grab it....EWWWW. But he survived!

Anonymous said...

Wow! There should be a Doctorate for being a mom! How many times do moms save the day? Glad everything is alright...nice job! Love ya Grandma Tempelton

Jana said...

Good work girl! I'd say you could have just called me...but you know.